||KwaZibonele Primary School
Eshowe, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
||Vida Mtetwa (principal)
annette at zibonele.wizzy.org.za
sales at zpa.co.za
||8 non-networked P2 233Mhz 64Meg RAM client computers
- 1 used Thin-client server, P3 766Mhz 512Meg RAM
- 1 used WDC Internet Server, P1 166Mhz 32Meg RAM
|Existing Computer layout
||Non-networked lab running WINDOWS 98
|New Computer Layout
- 8 fully networked computers running both the existing WINDOWS 98 operating system and the LINUX Thin Client network on a dual boot system (the kids can choose when the computers boot up).
- 1 Thin Client server
- 1 WDC Internet Server.
|Number of users
||1050 students, each of which can have their own email account, however being a primary school only the teachers and older students have accounts
- Digital Courier - No phone line. Instead daily deliveries are made via motorbike out to the school of up to 128Meg of data of email and websites.
- Full LINUX applications distribution on thin-client, and WINDOWS 98 on each client
- up to 20Gig of Web Cache of websites requested by the administrator.